Calculating the effectiveness of a drug and alcohol intervention following an intervention is complete is a fairly easy task. Simplified, the subject either commits to recovery or relapses. Those looking to minimize the potential for relapse can also calculate the effectiveness potential during the intervention process.
The majority of successful interventions tend to follow a general pattern, regardless of the topic at hand (substance abuse or some other addiction type). Those looking to ensure the highest probability of success can choose to follow several vital steps, as outlined by our trained inverventionist while also planning the event well in advance.
- Get in touch with our intervention services regarding the extent and nature of the issue prior to planning the intervention. In this way, you can be provided with the tools, tips and resources to best deal with the situation at hand. Make sure to locate a specialist who possesses an intricate understanding of the type of behaviors the subject is dealing with.
- Make contact with the individuals who will be present during the intervention. This group of people is generally made up or close friends and family members, but can also include religious or community leaders with a vested interest in the individual’s well being. When explaining the nature of the situation, make certain to stress the importance of each individual’s cooperation and discretion. You should also request they write statements to addict, to be read during the intervention. Statements should include various details regarding past and present interactions between reader and addict with a request to accept help. Any specific questions regarding the statement should be directed towards the interventionist prior to the intervention itself.
- Prepare your own statement with regard to how the addiction has affected the lives of both the addict and yourself. Be sure to stay positive within the letter, refraining from blame or judgment. An addict who is met with aggression will undoubtedly respond in the same manner. Though anger, resentment and blame are all understandable feelings, they will serve no purpose in this arena.
- Our Interventionist can assist in selecting an addiction recovery center that meets the needs of the individual in question. Some facilities specialize in drug use while others work with individuals involved in other destructive behaviors, such as eating disorders or self-mutilation. Religious, holistic and luxury facilities are all available options as well.
- Set aside a date when everyone can meet at a neutral location. In most cases, you’ll want our interventionist to direct the meeting.
- Don’t offer false promises. Failing to stick to your consequences will drastically lower the calculated success of the entire process. Family interventions without follow-through are wasted opportunities, which will ultimately do more harm than good.